RFI

[RFI] Ground source heat pumps

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ground source heat pumps
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:39:01 -0000
Excellent application of heat pump technology as the delta T (temperature difference) is very consistent, meaning the smallest pump working closer to full time (nothing worse than an oversized unit running a small fraction of time, as far as economics go)

These systems are obviously more expensive than typical air sink heat pumps, but some states may offer tax rebates or other energy incentives to use them. A few years ago, when there were federeal credits as well, a friend installed one UNDER his existing house (they bored from side to side and brought the pipes up in his basement with amazing accuracy).... But his has variable speed drive on the compressor, so I would suspect RFI issues.... fortunately he lives 30 miles from my shack so I have never checked it out

Mel KJ9C

What about heat pumps that use ground water which 5 feet deep and down runs around 50-55F