RFI

Re: [RFI] 160M RFI - 4 khz combs-

To: "'HankP'" <pfizenmayer@q.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 160M RFI - 4 khz combs-
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 20:11:44 +0000
Just a wild guess, but I would suspect some kind of power line
communications device.  Perhaps it is seeing your activity as either a
signal from one of it's own devices or as interference so it starts
transmitting in that range trying to make a connection.  Dsl would be 4.3khz
spacing normally, I'm not sure if there are variants that use exactly 4khz
or not.  Having them remain for some time then disappear may also make
sense, if there is no activity it goes back to sleep.  Hopefully you can
hear it on your rod antenna and track it down... at least you know how to
make it appear.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net