RFI

Re: Topband: Tecsun 660

To: Frank Donovan <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tecsun 660
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:52:36 -0500
That reminds me of an episode that happened here a while back. When I got
serious about top band I discovered that the noise was too much.  I tracked
down the offending power poles using the method you mentioned.  Noted the
pole numbers from the metal tags that were attached.  Called APCO and in a
couple of days they were out here and quickly verified my findings and
fixed the problems.  A year or so later, we lost power and I called APCO.
They responded very quickly and discoverd that a squirrel had committed
"harikari" and tripped the breaker on the pole.  As they were finishing up,
I went out to thank them and the lineman said, "Oh, you are the guy who
saved us so much time when we came out to fix the hardware on the noisy
poles."  Made my day!

Ken - K4XL

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:24 PM, <donovanf@starpower.net> wrote:

> Hi Stan,
>

> There are countless thousands of poles within five miles of my
> QTH, his method could not possibly work here. If I tried, I
> would lose my excellent reputation with my power company
> RFI crew.
>

> I prefer to leave my shack and verify the pole rather than guessing
> which one it might be. Its not difficult and a little exercise is a
> good thing!
>

> tks
>

> 73
> Frank
> W3LPL
>
> --
Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com

"Show me a politician who is poor, and I'll show you a poor
politician." - Carlos
Hank González