RFI

[RFI] RFI cured with 1/4 wave wire

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI cured with 1/4 wave wire
From: Gerald Wolczanski <jerrywolczanski@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:15:20 -0500
Jim, I totally understand antenna return currents in an unbalanced
antenna....having once built a vertical with 110 radials.

My current 135' end-fed inverted-L is a superb performer with my fan of
radials laying in the backyard.

So let me ask a practical question:

Can I attach my radial system (which I would disconnect from the copper
pipe driven into the ground) to my L-network coupler and ISOLATE THAT
COUPLER FROM GROUND WITH A BALUN?

That would separate the RF ground from the Shack (lightning ground).

BTW, I have a spark-gap lightning arrester outside my shack window.

Thanks

Jerry
KI4IO
Warrenton, VA