RFI

Re: [RFI] Every 60 KHz

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Every 60 KHz
From: "Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 16:20:25 -0900
On 3/9/2016 9:44 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
> Hi,
> If it is a SMS that has been on all night, they can get really
> stable...  I have one that starts off really bad, then after three or
> four hours, it is rock stable...

I would agree, don't discount SMPS or similar just because of little/no drift.
While a
cheap wall-wart is almost certain to drift, something like a $300 high
efficiency battery
charger or the like might not.  I have a couple of 50+ amp switched supplies
that sit
right at 43khz and don't drift more than a few hz/hr at the fundamental.  The
hash is so
wide that noticing any drift at say 80m would take hours of watching.