RFI

Re: [RFI] LED replacements

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED replacements
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 07:25:09 -0400
Here is another option if you are referring to re-tubing shop lights.
Replace the entire fixture with an LED shoplight.
I have 16 two tube, T12, 4' fluorescent fixtures in my basement. They are 20
years old. Rather than replace the bulbs with LED replacement tubes I
started buying at Home Depot the Commercial Electric #54103161 LED fixtures
- 35W, 3200 Lumens, $40.
I guess the light output from fluorescent tubes must drop after years of
usage because it was noticeable side by side that the LED's were brighter.
After replacing half the fixtures I checked on the Elecraft P3 for any
change in the noise level or peaks on each band. I do not see or hear
anything different when the lights are on and off.

This also inspired me to replace the two 400W incandescent bulbs in my
garage ceiling. Can't use CFL's because of the low temperatures we see here
in NY in the winter. Replaced both bulbs with 4 LED shop lights. I went from
400W to 140W with much more light output. The garage is right next to the
ham shack. No noise change on any bands.

73,
N2TK, Tony