RFI

Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] How far does RFI travel?

To: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] How far does RFI travel?
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 09:23:38 -0700
Thanks for the good replies and suggestions.

As recommended, first thing for me to do is establish a noise background
reference for my station. This would include readings at different times of
day/night, different frequencies and directions, make noise recordings,
etc.

One thing, I am fortunate that all utilities are underground including the
new sub-division. There is an overhead power line about a mile away that
did generate some noise. I located the source, and luckily our local power
company responded and cleared it up.

As far as private pot growers, I don't think I have noise from them.
Arizona has legalized the commercial growing of medical pot, so we now have
five such commercial farms in our little town, the nearest being about 3
miles away.

I will look at some of the software suggests and see what works for me.

Thanks to all,

Ray,
N6VR