RFI

Re: [RFI] Florescent TUBE style, LED replacements

To: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Florescent TUBE style, LED replacements
From: Mike Schwendeman <mike@s3com.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 14:08:42 -0500
OK on all, Kim;

The PHILLIPS brand sounds possibly more expensive, is my only thought. (I have seen off-brand and therefore lower cost units from China...)

In my case, I have six double-lamp units in my shop, and I sense no FRI from a ballast or the lamps. (In answer to your observation of the ballasts being a source of RFI noise.)

I had read of the need to re-wire the fixture; In the case of your Phillips units, this was not needed? If so, this is nice!

73;   -Mike-   K0JTA