RFI

Re: [RFI] Portable DFing at HF (long)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Portable DFing at HF (long)
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:10:06 -0700
"Once you go federal law on someone who knows it's a toothless letter, you
are done.  No options are left to resolve the problem.  While you may be
technically correct it's not our monkey, not our circus, you've cut off any
chance to remove the RFI problem from your receiver.  You'll just have to
live with it or move away from it."

So, our only option to start with is beg, schmooze, BS them into compliance
from the get-go?

Us = No power.

ARRL = Nothing to back them.

FCC = No power to begin with.

Time to brush up on our bulls--ting skills!

So, do we let them know they don't have to do anything at the beginning or
end?

Well, there's always civil liability and punitive damages, the violation of
federal law can be easily documented.  Around here we have "nuisance" laws
that are adequately blunt.  I'm paraphrasing, "anything that prevents one
from enjoying life as defined by the victim and caused by others".  Of
course to prevent charges, keep your RFI from entering my property and, if
it does, keep it from
affecting me in any way that I notice...

Kurt