RFI

[RFI] SDR as a RFI site survey tool...

To: "RFI Mail list at contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] SDR as a RFI site survey tool...
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 07:59:47 -0700
Hi,

I have gotten a bit further on the site survey tool using a SDR.  See:

http://nk7z.net/sdr-for-rfi-survey-p1/

I will be adding more survey images for my home QTH over the next few
weeks.

The web page above covers how the SDR was setup, and how some
rudimentary calibration was preformed.  The actual results really do
give me a feel for the RFI on a given band when viewing them across 24
hours, and across an entire band, at once...

The next step will be to refine the calibration a bit, then make things
portable...

As a happy aside, it turns out one of the local pot growers, (maybe
three blocks away), is moving, and will be shutting down his operation
at some point in the next two weeks.  This will give me an opportunity
to see just how much RFI he was injecting to the area using RFI quiet
lights.  I will post before and after survey results once he leaves.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)