RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start? - Follow Up 10/04/16

To: "'BEATTIE JR., GORDON'" <jb1589@att.com>, "'James Gordon Beattie, Jr.'" <w2ttt@att.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start? - Follow Up 10/04/16
From: "thoyer" <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 19:24:23 -0400
Well, since I originally posted about the noise issues I was having, they
seem to have subsided. I have been pretty busy over the last 10 days but
tried to make it a point to check the radio as much as possible just to
listen for a minute or so to see it it was still there. For the last week, I
have not heard anything like what I was hearing a couple weeks back

Late last week I spoke with another ham in my neighborhood and asked him if
he has had any noise issues. He told me he has not been on HF since the
spring so he couldn't comment on the noise levels. BUT..... he did tell me
that the utility company has been replacing lines thoughout our neighborhood
over the last few weeks. I'm hoping that the reduction in noise I am seeing
is a result of them replacing something going bad.

For now.....

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I appreciate it greatly!

Regards,

Tom
W3TA

  _____