RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise from Switcher on 80/160

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise from Switcher on 80/160
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 14:28:57 -0400
On 10/10/2016 12:00 PM, Mike Wetzel wrote:
It has peaks every 32.5/65 KHz  across 80
meters.

You may find it easier to locate the emitter by listening on 65, 97.5, 130 or 162.5 KHz with a LW or VLF receiver. Some handhelds will tune as low as 100 KHz, and some of the portables (AOR5000, for example) will tune even lower and I've got one of those, though it needs realigning it to bring it back into calibration. A 10KHz-5MHz loop serves to find the LF emitters pretty well and a small loop on a handheld receiver is good for sniffing out close-in sources.

I have an Anritsu ML428B EMC receiver/FS meter than tunes down to 9 KHz - 30 MHz, too, with a meter that reads in dBuV, but I don't know the pinout of its 12VDC connector.

Cortland Richmond
ka5s