RFI

[RFI] Solar Panel Inquiries

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar Panel Inquiries
From: "Tom Lizak" <k1tl@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:11:10 -0500
Hi RFI subscribers,

My next door neighbor is going to have solar panels installed on her house
very shortly.

The company she will be using is Trinity Solar out of NJ but has a local
office here in RI.

Has anyone  had any dealings with this company?  Ham buddy (N1NK) up the
street from me, has a solar array installation and installed all the RFI
measures on each solar panel and seems to work very well.  I also have been
hearing that the power optimizers are the culprits with the solar arrays
causing most or all of the RFI issues.

I have another neighbor to the south of me that has a solar installation and
I have had negligible RFI issues from that  home...but a home about 1500' to
the NE from this QTH has some panels and pretty much causes havoc on the 6m
band with S2-3 hash noise and a distinctive carrier from the SWPS/optimizers
on 50.092, when in operation...what a place for this.  It occurs every
100KHz or so.  The only HF setup I have is 75/30m and do not notice any
issues but it is dark by the time I use these bands...the 6m band noise
drops off dramatically once the sun has set !

Any assistance with this would be very helpful.

73

Tom/K1TL...