RFI

Re: [RFI] Grow light RFI

To: nm8rmedic <nm8rmedic@rocketmail.com>, "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Grow light RFI
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 08:56:31 -0700
Scott,

I have not tested the Galaxy ballast, but all the ballasts I have encountered, which include the Lumatek LK1000, the Micromole 1000, and the Quantum Series, will not meet FCC specifications I am sure. This probably will not help you since you are looking at specifications, but a commercial lamp filter ( https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/BAF2020 ) will probably bring most offending ballasts into compliance. See http://tomthompson.com/radio/GrowLight/GrowLightBallastFilter.html for more information.

By the way, I applaud you for including FCC compliance in your city ordinance.

Tom Thompson