RFI

Re: [RFI] Using an SDR to locate RFI

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Using an SDR to locate RFI
From: "Frank N. Haas KB4T" <utility.rfi.pro@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 21:16:00 -0500
My thanks to everyone who contributed something to this thread. Regrettably
no specific suggestions that will produce the kind of results I'm looking
for. I will keep looking and evaluating. Perhaps one day, a developer of
SDR software will craft a clickable switch that turns off whatever is
keeping periodic noise pulses from being displayed on the spectrum portion
of the software's display.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here a very Merry
Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

To the owners and operators of this service and the administrator of this
reflector I say THANK YOU as well.

This email reflector provides a very valuable service. All of you who
contribute positive advice, technically accurate advice and specific
relevant solutions do so to an appreciative and grateful audience.

To those of you who have contacted me directly and not gotten a prompt
response, I apologize. Between my employer, XYL, local volunteer
commitments and a hundred or more emails a day, my days often end with me
asleep at the keyboard. I welcome your notes and hereby authorize anyone
who hasn't heard from me to nag me endlessly until I comply! That is my
Christmas gift to you all this year!

In addition to my best wishes for a great holiday season, I hope all of you
enjoy peace, tranquility and all the joys that come from a RFI-free
receiver!

73,

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Utility Interference Investigator