RFI

Re: [RFI] More on 160 M RFI - significance of hum bands

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] More on 160 M RFI - significance of hum bands
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:02:00 -0800
Assuming you get that pattern repeating 22khz, my guess would be a
switch mode PS or similar operating at a switching freq of ~ 22Khz
connected to a harmonics rich AC line, possibly with little to no input
filtration.

I have seen similar from a battery powered hand-tool charger that was
poorly designed (no AC line side filering at all).  Result was switcher
harmonics modulated by the first 6 - 8 AC line harmonics.

The point being, to me that looks more like noise from a nasty AC line
powered device than actual power line noise.