RFI

Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 09:29:33 -0700
Dave has given good advice. I'll add that variable-speed motor controllers are a well known cause of RFI.

73, Jim K9YC

On 7/7/2017 9:13 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
If it were me, I would not rely on past reports. manufactures change specs, change parts suppliers, etc...

I told my heating company when I replaced my heater, that I did not care what they installed as long as it did not generate RFI, above a set level on my radio.

I also had that written into the contract, and that if it did, they had two months to solve it, or replace the unit.

This caused them to do their homework in advance of suggesting a unit to me. We took S meter readings on all bands, and I gave them a copy. I got a RFI quiet heater. No variable speed fan. I'm OK with that. As per the installers, it turns out most manufactures have a non variable speed option.

Get it in writing!  Don't trust a handshake.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net