RFI

Re: [RFI] Growing RFI problem from SolarEdge systems

To: "'Dave Cole \(NK7Z\)'" <dave@nk7z.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Growing RFI problem from SolarEdge systems
From: "Randy Standke" <r55stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 21:02:18 -0800
I have two neighbors with SolarEdge systems.  I have had both phone calls
and emails with Ilan Yoscovich and Mr. Simpson at SolarEdge.  You'll get
lots of promises of how they will remove and reinstall every system that
causes problems to amateur radio.  But, they have done nothing since I first
contacted them in Februrary.  Endless excuses and delays.  And, they
continue to install high RFI systems today, when they have known for at
least two years how to install them with low RFI.  We need to keep the
pressure on them by filing complaints with the FCC and ARRL, and with
SolarEdge.  The only thing that will motivate SolarEdge to stop jamming the
amateur radio service is bad press from their customers when they receive
letters from the FCC that they are no longer allowed to turn on their
SolarEdge system.  What we have now are many RFI polluted neighborhoods,
thanks to SolarEdge.  What will this do to prospective new hams when they
have to choose between confronting their neighbors, or picking another
hobby?  Many will decide the HF bands are too trashed and drop the hobby.

73,

Randy KQ6RS