RFI

Re: [RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council R

To: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council Recommendations
From: w2ttt <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 06:13:18 -0500
Dave and Roger,Noise "In the public interest" is also balanced by the needs of
the telecommunications carriers,  so if the power, or any utility causes
problems,  then that will require some attention to mitigate.  That would
likely address the issues for broadcast radio/TV users, cell users, and yes,
Amateur Radio operators.  We need to offer refinements in process and standards
that are workable and economically sound.73,Gordon Beattie, W2TTT 201.314.6964

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
-------- Original message --------From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: 12/6/17  02:07  (GMT-05:00) To: rfi@contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI]
ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory
  Council Recommendations
How best should we respond to the comments which are being sought?  That
is the main question as I see it...

Lets leave off the infighting about the ARRL etc. and focus on the
actual issue here...  The FCC is considering changes to the existing RFI
rules, which right now favor us, if only they were enforced with more
vigor.

At this point, I don't really see anything dealing with actual RFI most
Amateur Operators are putting up with...  i.e. Grow lights, SMPS, and
such...

One thing that scares hell out of me, is in this new interpretation-- if
say, the power company, is causing an issue, it might be that that it is
OK, (read that as "In the public interest"), to interfere just a bit
with Amateur Radio.  This could apply to street lights, BPL, or anything
that could be construed to be "in the public interest"...

If that is true, then that is a very bad precedent to allow being set.

We need to fully understand this request, and all of us need to submit
well thought out input to the FCC...

More discussion is needed here before responses are submitted...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net