RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI noise
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 18:12:01 -0800
I have a snapshot of that RFI at:
http://nk7z.net/major-appliance-rfi/
Looks ugly as heck!

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 01/26/2018 03:46 PM, Volodya S wrote:
My cottage on Haida Gwaii is pretty famous for being very
quiet....EXCEPT....when the washer gets turned on in the cabin.  It's a
Kenmore, I think.   Not that that means anything, as the manufacturer can
be anyone.  As soon as it' turns on, the entire MW and SW band has noise
every 10 or 20 kHz.  Very characteristic, and basically, my wife knows not
to turn on the washer until I've done with the day's DXing!    73,....Walt