RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufactur

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufacturing facility.
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 12:30:50 -0600
Hi Don,

Funny similar call de WB9SBD.

Can you hear the noise in the AM broadcast band?

I have tracked many 160 meter noise sources on that band and by using a very simple portable AM radio tuned to a no station frequency.

You would be amazed at how deep the nulls are off the ends of that ferrite rod antenna!

Extremely deep! It will take a full scale broadcast station, and knock it down to not even being heard,

AND extremely sharp! the min Null I bet is less than 10 degrees wide!

Yes bi directional, so you have to take multiple readings, but where all the lines cross is the source!

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme