RFI

Re: [RFI] Jamming

To: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Jamming
From: Don Webster <k9muf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:26:14 -0600 (CST)
I was a radio operator during the korean War from 1952 to 1954.  We operated
RTTY to request air support from the Air Force. We used a BC-610 transmitter at
about 400 watts and 2 Collins  51J3 receivers.

 We were being jammed almost constantly by North Korean or China. We would
change frequency often, but they would find us within a few hours and start
again. The jamming consisted of random CW of varying lengths of dots and
dashes. It sounded like a child playing with a telegraph key, and it may well
have been that.

Don,  K9MUF