RFI

Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 18:40:15 -0500
Typically I just hear them called split nuts. They are widely available by that name in Hardware, electrical, and automotive outlets.
Sizes "I've seen" for copper split nuts range from 1/4" to "really big!

I use them on virtually all connections to wire antennas rather than solder. Currently I have some that have been up close to 16 years with no failures. Use a little never-seize to insure easy removal.

--
73, Roger (K8RI)

---