RFI

[RFI] My really special noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] My really special noise
From: Ron Hunsicker via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:08:32 -0400
Hello!

Attached is a screen shot of a waterfall showing my really special noise.  The waterfall is a 50 KHz band incorporating the lower end of 40M.  This RFI is far broader than 50 KHz.

I live in a suburban neighborhood with 30 feet between adjacent houses.  Frustratingly, it is not remotely predictable, occurring day or night, even at times when few are likely awake.  Because it is so unpredictable, it is not practical to run on batteries waiting for it so I can quickly trip the main breaker to see if is "me" or from outside the house.  As it occurs I've rushed about the house, noting what was on, while waving an SW portable looking for really raucous noise, and have found no likely candidates.

Does the image ring any bells with anyone as it certainly rings in my ears?

Ron
--
Ron Hunsicker
1238 Cleveland Avenue