RFI

Re: [RFI] Recommendation needed: Whole house surge protection

To: ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com, pvrc@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommendation needed: Whole house surge protection
From: Thomas Hoyer <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:11:41 -0400
Timely question as last week there was an accident near me that caused a high
voltage line to fall across the low voltage lines.

Spent the next few days replacing fuses and varistors in several appliances and
throwing out four line cord type surge protectors that got fried. Lucky for me
none of my radios or computers were damaged.

Been doing the research into a whole house unit myself and I'd be interested in
hearing others opinions / experiences.

Tom
W3TA