RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI-quiet front loading washer?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI-quiet front loading washer?
From: "John K9UWA" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 13:55:13 -0400
YES YES and YES. Do yourselves a favor and do a walkabout your house
with a simple old transistor radio. Put it on a frequency up near the top end
of the AM Band where you don't hear any station. Best is if the transistor
radio has a whip antenna. Now walkabout your house and place that whip
antenna near all electrical devices. Wall Warts, Monitors, Computers Light
switches, Washers Dryers, Dishwashers, Your Furnace and AC system,
Lights, Low Voltage lights.
Once you add up all that noise trust me it does get to your ANTENNAS.

Repeat after Jim.  It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about
distance to the
 ANTENNAS.

Be a "Good Neighbor" and check your neighbors houses out. They too are
adding to your noise. Don't be afraid to spend a few bucks offering them
some non-noise making devices.

John k9uwa

> On 5/11/2018 10:08 AM, Gary Smith wrote:
> > Machines are located less than 6 feet from station.
>
> Repeat after me:
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> It's NOT about distance from the station, it's about distance to the
> ANTENNAS.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations