RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel Manufacture Schedules Fix For Solar Panel RFI

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel Manufacture Schedules Fix For Solar Panel RFI
From: nm8rmedic via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 14:14:48 -0400
Flawed is a great descriptor for that QST article. Read the author's own
conclusion at the end...
The article needed some serious peer review which clearly didn't occur.
I think he encountered some unintended resonances with his chokes interacting
with the existing wiring. Perhaps if he had read K9YC's tutorials he would have
avoided that.
ScottNM8R

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: 5/16/18  9:24 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: rfi@contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI]
On 5/16/2018 3:55 PM, Mike NA6MB wrote:
> There is a good QST article here:

I would change the word "good" to "flawed." The best things about it are
that 1) it emphasizes the importance of twisted pair and shielding for
all wiring carrying noisy current; 2) that the system as installed (and
pair for) was VERY noisy by virtue of bad design of its components and
by the installation; and 3) it takes a LOT of work (and money) to fix a
bad system.

73, Jim K9YC