RFI

Re: [RFI] Inverse Square Law and RFI

To: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Inverse Square Law and RFI
From: JW via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:06:31 +0000 (UTC)
Fortunately, Cortland , all of the power line noise sources I have had the
pleasure to locate exhibited radiation from the vertical ground wire.
Effectively, this represents a T-top loaded type vertical antenna with a
pronounced vertical signal and signature.

IT HAS been instructive, though TO NOTE the characteristics between signal
bearings between say, two different disparate freqs like 400 kHz and 1900 kHz
versus 3.5 MHz

I have found, during field work, the highest freq's  bearing is THE correct one
indicating the correct source when outside say 500 feet distance. For 400 kHz
this can be nearfield of the vert ground wire, as well as saome radiation from
a long horz line run.

de Jim WB5WPA