RFI

Re: [RFI] Poor man's portable spectrum analyzer

To: "'Rfi List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Poor man's portable spectrum analyzer
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:52:15 -0000
Loop antennas do not have to have a capacitor to resonate them.  you can make a
simple loop with just a couple turns of wire... for hf I use about 12" diameter
and 2 or 3 turns, whatever I had handy... the one thing that really helps the
directionality is to choke the feedline near the loop, as many turns as you can
get through whatever ferrite happens to be handy... then go hunting!  No need
for computers, spectrum analyzers, or other fancy stuff just a receiver that
can hear whatever noise you are hunting and go find it... as I noted before, a
grundig g5 has a built in antenna that has nice nulls, and its very
inconspicuous walking around.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373