RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI from furnace/air conditioning

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from furnace/air conditioning
From: "Ed" <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 13:42:48 -0500
Sorry Jim  Of course simply passing a wire through a clamp on ferrite has
minimal effect.  Even the Lennox instruction for their RFI kit showed winding
two turns around the ferrite bead. I imaginge they supplied the split bead
clamp on as a convenience for the installer. This allowed the installer to
place the bead without disconnecting one end of the wire. I wound multiple
turns around the doughnuts I installed.

Your articles have been invaluable Jim! A frequently referenced collection by
myself and many others I am sure.

Ed