RFI

Re: [RFI] Electric clothes dryer RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric clothes dryer RFI?
From: Steve65 <steve65@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 21:36:51 -0500
Thanks guys for the several responses to my inquiry.

Chuck and Nathaniel -- You suggested repairing the old dryer. I can't do it myself due to old age health reasons. I plan to see what an appliance repair guy will want to do the job. Those guys don't come cheap. The question becomes how much would one spend to repair the old dryer versus buying a new one for $500-$800?

Dave and Gary -- I've taken a portable AM radio to appliance stores a few times. My experience has been that the radio produces a loud, constant buzz across the AM band virtually everywhere in the store. And besides that, the stores I have visited do not have the floor display dryers powered. I asked three salesmen about dryer-produced RFI and in each case it was that deer in the headlights look, never been asked that question before, never heard of radio interference, etc.

Appreciate the help.

Steve, K8JQ