RFI

Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite and Tariffs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite and Tariffs
From: "Richard F. DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:59:43 -0400
I would urge caution in discussing customs fraud publicly.....

73 Rich NN3W

On 7/15/2019 3:57 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
I just bought 12 #43 toroids from Arrow Electronics, partly for research, but mostly to get free shipping on a small order. They shipped from the Netherlands, possibly to avoid tariffs. It is my understanding that this tactic is rather widely used. Bottom line -- if you're buying stuff like this, it's worth shopping around, especially with vendors with significant world-wide presence. I've found Arrow to be a particularly good vendor for relatively small purchases -- free shipping for web orders over $50 for anything in stock.

73, Jim K9YC