RFI

Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite Common Mode Chokes

To: donovanf@starpower.net, rfi@contesting.com, Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fair-Rite Common Mode Chokes
From: JW via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:30:54 +0000 (UTC)
 > am to I assume the 1/4 tor 3/4 is acting like what to keep rf off the braid?

The "Quarter wave rule" - should be one of the *first* things one learns about
"RF".

A quarter wave inverts the impedance seen - open becomes a short and a short
becomes an open (STATING it very succinctly.)

Works for lengths of wire, and in a coaxial environment* as well.

de Jim WB5WPA

* take into account the velocity factor.