RFI

Re: [RFI] evil rfi nextdoor

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] evil rfi nextdoor
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 18:55:46 -0700
On 8/10/2019 1:03 PM, ROGER STEPHENS via RFI wrote:
  I trust that
some of you reading this postmightl have some guidance to share as I really
do miss being able to hear both my modern rigs as well as the fleet of aging
boatanchors.

Hi Roger,

There's a long tutorial on my website about different kinds of RFI, how to identify them with your radio, how to chase them down, and how to kill them.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

Same story, but slides for a talk I've done at ham events. http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

I can't emphasize enough the importance of getting waterfall pictures of the noise.

Other very good stuff on NK7Z's website.

73, Jim K9YC