RFI

[RFI] New kitchen lights - wafer LED lights

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] New kitchen lights - wafer LED lights
From: "Eddie Edwards" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 01:36:57 -0500
Greetings RFI group members,

Having our kitchen remodeled, and I was not able to be there when the
electrician installed our new recessed ceiling downlights.  They used new,
ultra-thin, wafer LED units with a sperate metallic box tucked behind the
housing-free LED unit.  No normal LED light bulb is used as it's a very thin
LED downlight not a recessed lamp box.

The brand and model number are Lithonia Lighting, model
WF6LED30K40K50K90CRIMWM6.

https://lithonia.acuitybrands.com/products/detail/579430/lithonia-lighting/w
f6-downlight/wafert-led-indoor-outdoor-6-in-housing-free-recessed-downlight

These are 14 watt each, 6 inch diameter units, and I have 4 installed.

Checking the ham bands with two different vertical antennas located very
close by (one is an R5 at 15-20ft) I've only found RFI noise on the 30 meter
band from the new lights.  Noise level is around 6 to 7 s-units when the
lights are on while it's at 2 s-units when off which was the norm before the
installation.   Hoping ferrites can knock it down.

Does anyone know the Mouser part number for FT240-31 ferrite toroids?

73, de ed -K0iL

Omaha, NE