RFI

Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:28:35 -0500
What about a battery with an analog trickle charger?

The analog trickle charger should be RF-quiet.

And wouldn't the battery isolate any PS RFI?

David KD4E

Update to the Spectrum Cable box testing,

What I have tried.

    - RF Chokes (Material 31) on power, HDMI & RG6 - DID NOT FIX RFI
    - Tightly wrapping the entire box in foil. - DID NOT FIX RFI
    - Putting the box on a 12v battery - VIOLA - NO RFI

So now that we know its the power supply,  I have to find a 12v 3A wall
wart that is not affected by RFI.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony (N2KI)