RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise from Solar Panel equipment

To: RVZ <rlvz@aol.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise from Solar Panel equipment
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:50:40 -0500
Dick:

It sounds like the installation is fairly close to your antennas so it shouldn't be hard to track down with an HF portable. The noise is likely to come on in the morning when the system becomes active and then disappear at night when it becomes dormant.

If it is your neighbors solar panels, politely ask them for the name of the installer and system manufacturer. Notify both companies and let them know when you first noticed the noise; have dates and times ready. The day you noticed the noise is likely to coincide with the day they completed the installation.

Be aware that during the day, the solar panels and their related components will continue to generate noise with the inverter turned off so the system doesn't have to be online to generate noise. Keep that in mind if they tell you it hasn't been activated yet.

Good luck.

Tony -K2MO