RFI

Re: [RFI] Can Anyone ID This Noise?

To: rfi@contesting.com, Larry Burke <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Can Anyone ID This Noise?
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:25:55 +0000 (UTC)
 With the video marked as "Private" I don't think anyone can view it.

de AA5CT

.
.
     On Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 3:44:16 PM CST, Larry Burke
<wi5a@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 Anyone know what this noise is?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDhql7f2EQ
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDhql7f2EQ&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be

It's pretty wideband. Scope is only showing 10 kHz both sides of where I
shot the video but I couldn't identify a specific center frequency for the
noise. It goes way farther than that in both directions.

The noise usually impacts 60m, but I can tell it's there on other bands. It
is not continuous, but like most noises comes at inopportune times and lasts
for varying lengths of time. It also seems to move around a bit - sometimes
I can tell it's there when listening to 60m but I find it much stronger way
outside the band.

Larry K5RK