RFI

Re: [RFI] How to proceed?

To: rfi@contesting.com, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] How to proceed?
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 03:59:35 +0000 (UTC)
 re: "And it might not be power line noise! Most noise today is NOT."

SEE my next post to Pete; When I 'run these things to ground', I
can make these statements, and I have chased a number of these
wide-area, distant arcers, Jim.

I have previously posted a link, too, Jim, of a list of sources I've
tracked down in Allen, Tx and surrounding cities, and then they
were taken care of by the power co after notification. Just to
note, we have three different 'carriers' or distribution line
maintenance companies in this area as well: Oncor, GCEC
(Grayson Collin Elec Co-op), and FEC (Farmers Elec Co-op.)

de AA5CT

.
.     On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 9:36:32 PM CST, Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 1/26/2020 7:25 PM, AA5CT via RFI wrote:
> DFing power line noise on 160 (and 80) represents more of a challenge
> than the other bands, in my experience, because, the source can be miles
> away and starting off with VHF DF beam can be useless.

And it might not be power line noise!  Most noise today is NOT.

73, Jim K9YC