RFI

Re: [RFI] Xfinity Router RFI (Xfinity router name XB3)

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Xfinity Router RFI (Xfinity router name XB3)
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:39:25 -0500
 Hi Jim

Thanks, and I thought about submitting an article to QST since I have
written articles for them in the past, and will do that for my portable
flag for HF direction finding.  Numerous people have requested info from me
already today, and will put something together soon and provide a link to a
simple website (probably sometime next week).

I had been working on a tuned loop with sense antenna but then thought
about designing the portable flag and glad I did as it really keeps things
simple and easy to duplicate (very robust concept and hard to mess up).
Just came in from the cold testing its directional properties from the AM
broadcast band all the way up to 25 MHz (max frequency of the signal
generator I was using today), but as I previously said I designed it using
4NEC2 so it has a cardioid pattern up to at least 30 MHz and actually
higher in frequency.  It has very negative gain (especially down on 160
meters)  but works great when using an appropriate preamp.  In most cases a
20 dB preamp like the W7IUV preamp is more than adequate but in some cases
even more preamp might be helpful.

Lots more info to follow, but since I have a day job it will take some time
to put together my article for submission to QST but I should be able to
post some pictures, dimensions and other design info sometime next week on
a simple website I will create for this antenna.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)