RFI

Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 00:18:41 -0600
The paperwork calls it "two stage" but it's all the same thing. A one-speed unit is quite capable of the job as well, since that's what I have, but not as efficient and not as effective at keeping the humidity in the house low. Curiously, the blower specified in the house for three different systems is the same variable speed unit (because it handles the new furnace as well, specified as 97% efficient, compared to our current 80% efficient unit) whereas the A/C condenser compressor is two speed. So, even with that, I'd have RFI to tame. I'd prefer the benefits of the variable speed unit if I can get it made RFI silent. They also specified a "5 stage" unit, which I assume means it has five compressor speeds. Again, same deal with the blower specified as "variable speed." Their five speed compressor could be done a number of ways, some quiet and some not. We'll see about all of this, but if the installer is unwilling to help deal with the RFI, I'll find another installer.

Kim N5OP