RFI

Re: [RFI] EMI-Free Vehicle Inverters

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] EMI-Free Vehicle Inverters
From: David Klinect via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:23:20 +0000
Getting back to my "EMI from inverters" question, I was able to lay my hands on
two Sensata Technologies Dimensions units (a 1200 watt and a 3000 watt) and,
with both units, the only EMI radiating from them was when I positioned my Icom
handheld near the DC input cables.  I am therefore confident that the extra
filtering/choking as described in Jim's write-up should work for me.  I will
let the group know when I get the inverter and have gone through that process.

Many thanks again to all who chimed in with ideas, etc.

Dave - KA8MHW