RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 207, Issue 21

To: Randy Diddel <k5rhd.73@gmail.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 207, Issue 21
From: "Cianciolo, Paul, W1VLF" <pcianciolo@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 12:57:46 +0000
Randy ,

I would urge you to call Samsung on your own whether someone else has the ear
or not. This would get you into the records as having a problem with type of
stove.
The more calls Samsung gets from Ham radio operators on this RFI problem,  the
less likely they are to not say" We have never heard of that before"

Working externally from the stove, IE ferrite core chokes on the line cord are
ok to try, and hopefully they work. But by all means please do not open the
stove to try to remedy the problem.
This is a critically safety issue. If something should fail inside your stove
and it leads to a hazard, it would be too easy for Samsung to say some sort of
tampering of the stove had led to that hazard.

73,

Paul Cianciolo, W1VLF
ARRL EMC Engineer

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111-1400 USA
Telephone: (860) 594-0392
FAX: (860) 594-0259
Email: w1vlf@arrl.org
World Wide Web: www.arrl.org