RFI

[RFI] Camera NRV RFI

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Camera NRV RFI
From: <scsueepe@mtcnet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 15:09:10 -0500
Hi all, so I have a disk drive based NRV (network video recorder) for some
IP POE cameras.  The NVR has its own ethernet ports and connects directly to
16 cameras.  Then there is one ethernet jack that connects to my network in
order to view locally or use a router port to go out to the web for phone
App viewing.  Its all pretty slick, and works really good, but boy does it
have RFI.

The worst is 6M, where we have periodic humps repeating every approximate
120 KHz, multiple humps within each section of 120 Khz.  The hump spikes are
about S6 on SSB, with the base of the spikes being 4 Khz wide.

2 meters is not too good either, periodicity of the humps repeat every 120
Khz, but the humps within each section of 120 Khz are different than 6M.

So I have been living with it for a bit, just turning it off when I operate,
but that's a pain.

Short of throwing it in the trash and starting over. as its made in Korea
and I don't think I'm getting any tech support on this thing.  I think I
need to tear into it and replace the power supply if I can find all the
outputs to the NVR electronics.

Any other ideas, or does someone know of RFI quiet NVRs?

Thanks and 73

Mike - KM0T