RFI

Re: [RFI] RV converter noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RV converter noise
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 12:30:20 -0700
On 5/26/2020 11:36 AM, Jim Netwal via RFI wrote:
Can I put toroids on the power leads?

I'm guessing this is a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter. Yes. There's an AC line filter on page 23 of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf You can also use my latest (2018) Cookbook for transmitting chokes wound with #12 THHN as a rough guide for the DC side, in both cases, increasing the wire size as needed to handle the current. Don't go by the circuit rating, measure the currents under something close to the full loads you actually use.

73, Jim K9YC