RFI

[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update - August 2020

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update - August 2020
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 03:13:14 -0400
All:

I just received word that SolarEdge will be replacing the inverter on their solar panel instillation that's been causing RFI. The swap is supposed to take place on Tuesday, the 18th of August.

We know that the noise produced by the inverter and other components is being radiated by the AC wiring in the house. This video shows RFI radiating from the AC lines coming off the main panel. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9awWs4mwC4

It's not clear how the new inverter will prevent this from happening without some kind of internal choke on the AC side.

I'll report back after the work is finished.

Tony -K2MO