RFI

Re: [RFI] Noisy PC Speakers

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisy PC Speakers
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 07:11:57 -0700
Plus they might use a class D amplifier which can be a great noise source.

Grant KZ1W

On 9/18/2020 21:49, Jim Brown wrote:
Hi Tony,

Several years ago, W6GJB told me about his experience with a pair that powered off of USB. The DC-DC converter was the culprit. I would expect ANY device that powers from USB to have that sort of problem unless the designer has taken great care to avoid it. You MIGHT be able to reduce the noise with serious chokes on the cables. See my tutorial on Killing RX Noise.

73, Jim K9YC