RFI

Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:51:03 -0500
Will do. I have s cheap SDR that I can use to examine the local radio environment. The question is what antenna should I use? I have a discone up at nearly 60 ft and I'm tempted to look at 3-54 MHz using in. I may try going down to 1.8 MHz but have a 1 kW AM BC station at 1.4 MHz about 4 mi away and I dunno how well the SDR will handle that.

I learned a little bit more: it'll be about 1 1/4 mi away and likely be complete in 4-5 mos.

Kim N5OP