RFI

[RFI] Sometimes you get lucky

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Sometimes you get lucky
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 03:36:24 -0400
Thought I would share a lucky moment I just had with everyone in the RFI
world.  I recently tracked down a home 0.20 miles from my house that I'm 99
percent certain is causing interference on 160 meters (16 KHz spacing
typically on about 12 hours a day).  Due to Covid I did not want to ring
the doorbell so I left a note on their porch where they could read it but
they would not even have to touch it.

After not getting a response from the homeowner in over a weeks time I
decided to leave another more in depth note and also uploaded a video onto
youtube so the homeowner could see the RFI (unlisted URL at the moment).

Within 12 hours of leaving the second note I received an e-mail from the
homeowner apologizing for not getting back to me right away, and guess
what.....

The homeowner is a ham, and all I can say is life could not get any better
than that.

I will keep you posted on what we find.

P.S. based on the on and off times I reported to him, he suspects it's
probably the power supply on his "office" PC.

Just FYI and 73,
Don (wd8dsb)