RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone Tested These LED Light Bars for RFI?

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone Tested These LED Light Bars for RFI?
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:33:48 +0000
The big box stores that sell electronics can and do switch products all the
time, and may keep the same model number.  We have also seen quality-control
issues with products, so an occasional noisy unit, or noisy batch, can show up.

Hams sometimes have problems with noise from neighbors. With reasonable people,
hams can and do persuade neighbors to swap out noisy products. Some hams even
have neighbors ask about radio noise before they buy products. But if you do
manage to do that, and the neighbor buys a whole bunch of new stuff that is
just as noisy, it is not likely that you will secure any additional
cooperation. Not only test the model, but test each unit he will install, to
weed out the bad ones.

Ed